KINSHIP has formally entered into a partnership with IBM as a fully fledged and certified IBM Verse Software Value Plus partner. This partnership will enable KINSHIP enterprise to support our clients in realizing the business benefits of deploying enterprise social software into 2015.
In this blog post we explain why we have made this important decision.
Why will enterprise social build a better business?
When you inspire your workforce to innovate and collaborate around process outcomes you create tangible business value.
The winning organisations in a hyper-connected world will be those that create many opportunities for their workforce to interact with ‘the outside world’ at scale (meeting frequently, meaningfully, and in ways that are recognised and positively rewarded).
In a series of studies McKinsey determined that by fully implementing social technologies, companies have an opportunity to raise the productivity of high-skill knowledge workers by 20 to 25%!
Five reasons we believe that IBM is a strategic choice for Enterprise Social Networking
The Enterprise Social market's structure is changing as social software is increasingly used alongside and integrated with information management systems, business applications and analytics — a development that favors vendors with strengths in those areas. As one of the oldest and most successful software vendors IBM has this advantage, and a number of others as outlined below:
- Gartner has recognized IBM as a leader in the Intelligent Business Process Management Suites Magic Quadrant and has been placed furthest on the Completeness of Vision axis. It’s important to note that this Gartner Social Software was released prior to the release of IBM Verse which further enhances the IBM offer. (In addition, with IBM social software used by 79 of the top global Fortune 100 companies, IBM was recently named worldwide market share leader in enterprise social software for the fifth consecutive year by IDC.)
- User experience & Apple partnership: Given IBM is all about business process and data center while Apple is all about user experience and personal devices, this could prove a great marriage.
- Cloud-first: IBM is one of the only two of all 17 vendors analysed by Gartner to even offer their solutions as both cloud-based and on-site. It has also been impressive how IBM has demonstrated its commitment to their cloud solutions by adopting a cloud-first strategy and building out many software products over the Softlayer acquisition and SmartCloud.
- Business outcomes: IBM is the only vendor focused exclusively on business needs. The benefit is their solutions start with the specific needs of business and build up from there and avoid the fickle consumer-driven market.
- Analytics powered by Watson: IBM has some of the most powerful enterprise analytics in the market, and has equally powerful social data analytics. With the addition of the power of Watson and Watson-as-a-Platform these capabilities can be extended deep into the enterprise, and can connect internal customer analytics with social data analytics in ways which are, as yet, vastly under-exploited. Most recently, IBM formed a global partnership with Twitter to transform how businesses understand customers, markets and trends by using Twitter data to make more informed decisions. KINSHIP has long experience in social data analytics and can see the potential of these developments.
Because of these factors the KINSHIP team believes there is no better choice than IBM for our clients in adopting Enterprise Social Software to create better businesses; businesses that have engaged employees and engaged clients. Leading to engaging profits!
IBM Social Enterprise and Verse enterprise email
In late November IBM launched Verse, a new approach to email that melds collaboration, social, analytics and compelling design, and leverages Watson cognitive analytics technology.
Verse was developed utilising design thinking to rethink the interface to better empathize with the end user.
“The convergence of analytics, cloud, social and mobile technologies is not just impacting our personal lives, it’s profoundly changing how we work,” said Bob Picciano, Senior Vice President, IBM Information and Analytics Group. “These forces are reshaping how people make decisions, create and share new ideas and collaborate across teams to get work done. With IBM Verse, we challenged our design teams to use analytics to completely reimagine the social collaboration experience to focus on engaging people and driving outcomes, not managing messages and inboxes.”
“Simply making the inbox social isn’t enough. Organizations need better tools to support the way real work gets done in today’s modern enterprises,” said Charlene Li, founder and CEO of Altimeter Group. “That means keeping the focus centered on people and projects, and using analytics and mobile to make it a seamless experience.”
IBM Verse enables subject matter experts to share insight in two clicks or less in any social environment inside or outside their organization. Rather than replying to a narrow email distribution, project leaders can share their insights as a blog post for their entire project team, with the ability to delegate and track critical actions across individual team members.
Clients using IBM Verse will also have the future option to embed a Watson feature into their collaboration environment, which enables users to query Watson on a given topic and receive a direct reply with answers ranked by degree of confidence. See a short preview below and read more about Verse from one of the IBM designers here.
How can KINSHIP support your enterprise collaboration goals
At KINSHIP, we offer a variety of smart services, frameworks and processes that help you empower your business with IBM Verse. Our proven Customer Success Journey will support you in:
- Knowing exactly how your people feel about your purpose, policies, programs and plan
- Knowing that your people are ready to engage with you as Contributors on your journey
- Knowing how to improve innovation through Social technologies – and be doing it
- Knowing how to develop a responsible and empowering social policy – and be using it
- Understanding that social is NOT just a marketing initiative but a platform for value creation
- Increasing your bottom line through successful adoption of social technologies
- Understanding how to recruit, retain and engage your workforce through social
- Knowing how to release the potential for social to collaborate safely without the risks
- Successfully bringing partners and customers into your collaboration and innovation processes.
We are living in the most exciting time in the history of work - the age of collaboration in social business and the opportunity to redesign the future of work. KINSHIP, together with IBM, understands how the major technology disruptors — mobile, cloud, social, data, and the Internet of Things — have become intertwined with social workflow and communications, and how this will continue to have a dramatic impact on the way we get work done and ultimately how we connect with employees, customers, partners, and suppliers.
Through a combination of IBM Verse and a Positive Social Culture and supported by KINSHIP's people and methodologies enterprises have the means to tap the intrinsic motivators of their workforce to provide an exceptional customer experience and to co-create new ways of providing future value and business growth.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact.